Health Alert: FLU
Parents & students can help reduce the impact of the cold & flu season by following these simple tips:
- Get the flu shot!
- Keep your children at home for fever of 100 or more for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. (avoid school, restaurants, stores, etc….)
- Wash hands often with soap & water for 20 seconds or more. If soap & water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer/gel.
- Cough and/or sneeze into a tissue or your upper sleeve, not into your hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Stay hydrated!
- Disinfect common surfaces. Viruses that cause colds & flu can survive on common surfaces for up to 72 hours.
Additional information & resources can be found: