Skip to main content

Asthma Care at School


Students with asthma should submit an annual Asthma Action Plan signed by the physician and parent.  Those who require medication at school (either inhaler or nebulizer) must submit Medication Authorization Forms to the school clinic assistant before any medication can be administered.  The clinic assistant will use this action plan as a guide to help treat your child’s asthma symptoms in the school setting.  Medication Authorization Forms are located in the Health Services Department under Medications. Medications will be kept in the school clinic unless self-carry and self-administration forms have been filled out and arranged through your child’s clinic assistant.  The school does not keep an emergency supply of asthma medication in stock.