Posted Date: 02/24/2021
FEMA Disaster Relief
FEMA is giving away $800 in food vouchers and providing assistance for home repairs.
Call 800-621-3362 or go to https://www.disasterassistance.gov/ to apply.
You'll need the following to complete your registration:
• Social Security Number (SSN) OR the SSN of a minor child in the household who is a
U.S. Citizen, Non-Citizen National or Qualified Alien
• Annual Household Income
• Contact Information
(phone number, mailing address, email address, and damaged home address)
• Insurance Information (coverage, insurance company name, etc.)
• Bank Account Information
(if you are eligible to receive financial assistance, the money can be deposited in your account)
Please be vigilant!
Remember these tips to decide if the emergency assistance is credible:
• Check to make sure the FEMA website you are accessing ends with .gov
• FEMA will NOT text you!
• Don’t trust anyone who offers financial help and then asks for money or
personal information. Federal and local disaster workers do not solicit or accept money.
• Resist the pressure to act immediately. Scammers pressure you to provide information
immediately, they want you to act before you have time to think.
• Know how scammers will ask you to pay.
They often insist that you pay by sending money through a money transfer company or by putting money on a gift card and then giving them the number on the back.
• Stop and talk to someone you trust. Before you do anything else, tell someone -
a friend, a family member, a neighbor - what happened.
Talking about it could help you realize it’s a scam.
For more information about how to recognize fraud and go to: