Posted Date: 06/11/2020
BISD Family and Warrior Community,
In light of school closure due to COVID-19 and in order to maximize student instruction and provide an avenue for at-risk students to receive the additional instructional time, BISD Administration thought it in the best interest of all students to modify the 2020-2021 School Calendar that was previously approved in December of 2019. On June 8, 2020, the BISD Board of Trustees agreed and approved the attached revised calendar for the 2020-2021 school year. I wanted to publish the new calendar as soon as possible to give ample notice even though there were only a few minor changes for students, staff, and their families.
Changes are summarized below:
· The start date for students moved up two (2) days to Monday, August 17, 2020.
· Tuesday, October 13th changed from a student holiday to an instructional day; all students are required to go to school.
· Monday, February 8th changed from a student holiday to an instructional day; all students are required to go to school.
· Friday, March 5th changed from a student holiday to an instructional day; all students are required to go to school.
· TIP Week added from March 15 – 19
o Targeted Instruction Program (TIP) Week will provide intensive instructional services to those students who did not, or are likely not to, perform successfully on an assessment instrument administered under the Texas Education Code (TEC) 39.023, or who would not otherwise be promoted to the next grade level. Students will receive very targeted instruction based upon their individual needs in small groups.
o Parents/guardians will be notified in February 2021 of whether attendance will be mandatory for their student(s) during TIP Week.
o Some students may not be required to attend during TIP Week and will have a two (2) week Spring Break.
Several things stayed the same from the originally approved calendar and they are as follows:
· Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring break dates remained the same.
· The last day for students will be on Thursday, May 27, 2021.
· Graduation will be held on Friday, May 28, 2021.
· All students will receive 170 days of instruction.
Link to 2020-2021 Calendar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/1260/new_2020-2021_school_calendar_option_with_tip_week_1.pdf
Thank you for letting us educate and grow your children!
Superintendent, Kelly Trompler